MEMBERSHIP SERVICES AND UNDERSTANDINGS
The Association offers the following services to its members:
- Advocacy services through the development of the membership database, the AIP map, the AIP website. AIP profiles and many other activities
- Automatic membership of the Press Council (no cost)
- Press cards at a reduced rate
- Access to Pro Bono lawyers with regard to freedom of expression, defamation and other cases
- Access to Pro Bono lawyer for advice on contracts
- Access to skills development workshops
- Helpline for general troubleshooting and advice
- Access to resources such as The Guide to the Business of Newspapers, The Extraordinary Editor and others.
In turn, members are expected to:
- Abide by the Press Code
- Agree that the AIP and the ABC liaise with the relevant printers for verification of frequency and print run.
Inform all, not the few. Knowledge is power.
Credibility is all that journalists have to offer the world.
Think local, act national